When it rains, it pours!
*Disclaimer: Please read at your own risk. This post is full of griping, whining, complaining, fussing, grouching, grumbling, and yammering.*
Just call me Oscar. I have to vent. Need to let off some steam. What better way than to let everyone know all at once? That way I don't have to relive the tale by retelling it. :)
So anywho....
Most of you know that Casey is out of town. He's working in Mt. Pleasant, TX installing conveyors in a plant while they are shut-down for Thanksgiving. He had also been working second shift for four weeks prior to him leaving this last Thursday. Without him here I can't sleep. I can't fall asleep, nor can I stay asleep. Partly because I'm scared of the dark. I know, I'm a weinie. I'll be the first to admit it. So I haven't gotten much sleep in a month or so.
I haven't been feeling well the last few days. I was coughing, had a lot of drainage, sinus pressure, heaviness in my chest, ears hurting, you know, the whole infection enchilada. So I went to the doctor yesterday for assessment. Yes, I have a double ear infection and brochitis. I'm also getting a fever blister. Yay. I picked up my medicine and came home. I took my medication as directed. My cough medicine makes me drowsy and "fuzzy" feeling. My mother had called when I was just leaving Walgreens and asked if I needed anything from Wal-Mart. I remembered that Natalie was supposed to bake a chocolate cake for Natalie's Thanksgiving Feast at school. I asked mom to pick up a disposable cake pan and some frosting for the cake. She brought it to us when she got home. Right after she dropped the stuff off I started gathering ingredients. Flour, check. Sugar, check. Cocoa, check. Vegetable oil, check. Milk, ? eh, uh? The kids drank it all with dinner. :( Eggs? Um....out of date...Since JULY?! Wow! Down to Nana's we drove, and borrowed some milk and eggs. Finally we were set up to bake it. We put it in the oven last night after bedtime. About 10 minutes before the cake was supposed to come out of the oven I started to smell a burning odor. Not something you particularly want to tickle your olfactory system while baking. :( So I go to the oven to check. The cake had overflowed all over the bottom of the oven! Everywhere! I was furious! I took the cake, disposable cake pan and all, and chunked it out into the yard!! Then I slammed the door really HARD for good measure. That'll teach the cake to overflow in my oven. I went to bed after a short cry. As drowsy as my cough meds made me, they didn't really help me sleep. I was hoping to get a good night's rest, but it was not to be. I couldn't stay asleep. I told Casey yesterday when he gets home my body will just give up and I'll sleep for 24 hours straight. My body has to know he's here in order to do that.
Today was a new day, yesterday was pretty bad. It couldn't possibly get worse, right? WRONG. School was fine. I picked up Evan after school to come stay the night with the kids, that went ok. Evan and I went to eat at McDonald's and then we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some things for the recipe I'm using for my contribution to our Thanksgiving at Mom's. Those two stops went fine too. I came home and cleaned the oven out. After I cleaned it the screen went blank, like it wasn't getting power. A few weeks ago its plug had come out and needed to be pushed back it. So I pulled the oven out and pushed the plug back into place. The screen didn't come on. I checked the breaker box. Breaker was still on. I came back to the oven, pushed the plug all the way in and scooted the oven back into place. It came on! Then while I tried to set the clock it went back off. Victory was short-lived. It teased me twice. So now I don't have an oven to use to cook my Thanksgiving dish. :(
Let's recap:
1. Husband out of town
2. Even more scared of the dark and paranoid without him here
3. No sleep
4. Ear Infection
5. Ear Infection
6. Bronchitis
7. Fever Blister
8. Ruined Cake
9. Messy oven
10. Broken oven right before Thanksgiving
If anything else goes wrong, I'm moving to Australia!
Day 3: Epcot
10 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment