Thursday, July 15, 2010

Facebook VS Blogging

Blogging, oh how I have missed you...
You seem to have been interrupted by endless status updates on Facebook.  (Which I check continuously throughout the day, thanks to all my facebook friends who post the most random things of which I can have a spy's insight on your lives.)
I woke up this morning wanting more than just a teeny, tiny post about what was happening to my peeps.  So I checked a few of my favorite blogs.  Jenna actually posted yesterday. :)  About how blogging has been interrupted.  :) And I AGREE it's all facebook's fault!  Facebook is so instantaneous...and addictive....and I have it on my phone, so I can check it ANYWHERE.  (Anywhere I have service anyway.)  However, blogging has a personal level that cannot be matched by facebook.  (Unless you are a serious facebooker and update your status hourly or even more frequent and overshare your life, that's not me though...nor any of my besties)
Now, don't get my wrong, Facebook has a place in my heart.  I love finding out what other people are doing.  I like looking at everyone's new pictures.  Especially the new babies, or the cute kiddos.  I can always turn to Facebook if I feel the need to waste precious minutes..(or hours)  BTW-I love the Family Feud game on there now.  I have always been AGAINST Facebook games, well since I failed at Farmville, but I like Family Feud.  I actually, as recently as a few weeks ago, thought about deleting my Facebook account.  I started getting tired of wasting my time on it.  (Also my hubs thinks I have been too.  He always rolls his eyes when he asks what I'm doing and I reply, "Facebook.")  But I started having separation anxiety before even thinking about clicking on the "delete account" button.  I mean, how will I know what all of my not so bestie, but still acquaintances, are doing every minute of every day, if I delete it??
Anywho...
I should get back to blogging.  I especially need to get back in the swing of it before school starts and lessen my Facebook time.  I will not be able to check FB all day long soon, as I do now.  Hopefully, my plan will not backfire and I continue to FB as much AND blog.  That would be a serious waste of time as well as constitute more eye rolls from family members. 

No comments: