Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Puking Wednesday

**Warning--yes this post comes with a disclaimer--Don't read if you have a weak stomach.**
Right before I left school early today at 3:20 to take the kiddos to Cook Elementary to get their H1N1 flu shots, Heather vented about her day.  She said that two of her students had left early because of vomiting. They had to use my classroom while my class was gone Christmas caroling to our partners in ed because of the vomit in her room.  So I listened and sympathized and said that it was fine they used my room.  Anyway we left.  While on the interstate, crossing over Rogers Avenue, Aaron informed me that his stomach hurt.  I asked him if it was pain hurt or sick hurt.  Secretly hoping that it was pain hurt and maybe he was just hungry or needed to go to the bathroom.  Nope, it was sick hurt.  I asked if he needed to throw up and he said I just can't talk.  As we were getting off the interstate on Hwy 71, I asked if he needed to throw up and Natalie started yelling, "He's throwing up right now!!"  Needless to say I pulled over, pulled him out of the car and he threw up some more in the grass behind the car.  :(  poor guy.  There was vomit everywhere! In the car ALL across the backseat, on his pants, backpack, lunchbox, his snowman paper (which we left on the side of the road because it fell out of the car when I helped him out--I know it's littering, but it was wet with you-know-what), my pants, his shoes, and the grass.  EW!  We went home and he threw up again.  He took a bath and threw up again.  I cleaned out the car. When I got out his backpack I set it on the ground in the garage.  Now Aaron had had a bologna sandwich for lunch, so there were chunks of bologna all over the place, including on his backpack.  Well when I set it down, the cat came over while I was cleaning the seats and floormats and ate the bologna off his backpack.  So the cat may be throwing up soon.  Who knows? 
He's taking a nap right now.  He doesn't have any fever.  I've checked twice.  Thankfully Tommy came and took Natalie so that she could go ahead and get the shot. 
Now I'm going to miss that wonderful Christmas breakfast that Mrs. Boone is going to have at school in the a.m.   I just hope Aaron feels better.
I took a break there for a second, I heard Aaron get up.  He was in the bathroom for a third time since we got home.  :(  Then he had some diarrhea.  :(  Now he's laying down watching a movie.  I better get off here and keep checking on him.

No comments: